I got a 100 dollar ticket for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign in the (Los Angeles) Temescal Gateway PARKING LOT, and they have a video to prove it. It's a sad state of affairs when the state and regional parks need to set up video cameras in the parking to make money.

Basically, I've heard the parks authority is contracting with a sketchy Australian company to photograph minor moving violations and issue citations. The Aussie company gets a nice cut of every fine and handles the administration. This is just WRONG on so many constitutional levels.

Yet another example of a misguided government trampling of civil liberties and basic commmon sense...

Had an Experience with City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks?

Comments

I don't think you're whining at all....I got the same ticket last weekend and feel like it was a complete setup!The video shows me braking for practically the whole distance and slowly rolling through the stop.

It is not in the least bit a busy intersection/street or one to be implementing such extreme safety measures.If they are really concerned about safety they should post a sign telling people they are video taping and to be sure to stop...they will get far more people to stop and "be safe" if their true goal is to increase safety and not their pocket books!

Quit whining and start driving in a safe manner. You ran a stop sign and got a ticket. The charge was not "trumped up' (falsi